HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX
11-08-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX
(11-08-2016 02:48 PM)falcon56215 Wrote:  Cool. I am new to the Prime, the TEVAL function is quite handy. Running 5 tests gives me

11.349 seconds
11.479 seconds
11.346 seconds
11.384 seconds

So.. some variance between runs but not much. It seems to be really fast for a BASIC language. Most BASIC languages I have seen are interpreted and compiled at run time, which makes them really slow, but it looks like the Prime pre-compiles the code when you run CHECK or exit the editor? Regardless, it seems to be a really nice piece of tech for hashing out some quick programs. I think I am going to enjoy having it around.

I think you'll enjoy it, too. I'm a big fan of PPL (Prime Programming Language). At one point I was going to develop a standard BASIC interpreter for the Prime but PPL has everything I need and I've found that porting most BASIC programs to it is very easy so there's little need for a BASIC interpreter. The Prime blows away all the other calculators I've tried in benchmarks. If it had an SD card slot and printing capability, I would rarely ever use a computer! As impressive as CAS is, I don't use it at all and wish HP would make a separate calculator for it rather than the mish-mosh we have now where even experienced uses can get hung up with variable names, function names and the way functions are evaluated. (JMTC!)

Tom L
Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX - toml_12953 - 11-08-2016 03:42 PM
RE: HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX - jte - 11-08-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX - DGM - 11-08-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: HP Prime speed vs TI-Nspire CX - ttw - 11-09-2016, 08:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)