Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Apps
12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Apps
(11-30-2016 07:50 PM)smp Wrote:  Hi Tim,

I figured that this would get complicated. 8-)

Up until now, I use Windows 7, running on Parallels, on my MacBook Pro. I start the HPCK, then I plug in my Prime. My Mac asks me where the new USB device should connect, and I select Windows. Then, my Prime shows up in the HPCK on Windows.

Then, I can go into the Content window of the HPCK, go into Shared Folders (Z: ) which connects me to my MacBook Pro file system, and then navigate the folders into my Documents Folder, and then into the HP Connectivity Kit Folder, and finally into the Contents Folder.

From there, I can select the program. I just did all the above, and my program comes up correctly displayed in HPCK on Windows, on Parallels, on my MacBook Pro.

I originally used the HPCK to develop the program. Usually, I type in most of it in Notepad on Windows, then I copy and paste into a new program template in the HPCK. During debugging, I usually make my corrections right in the HPCK. I can also copy out of the HPCK and paste back into Notepad. Again, I just did this operation to check it again, and it all works fine.

That very same content, when accessed by the HPCK on my MacBook Pro, comes up with the garbled view that I have shown.

So, my Content, when viewed from HPCK in Windows, on Parallels, on my MacBook Pro looks and works fine. But when the very same Content is viewed by the Macintosh version of the HPCK, it comes up as garbled.

I hope this helps.

smp

I'm having the same problem with hpappdir files such as Gallery and my Racer game. If I run up Windows 7 inside Virtual Box with the old Windows CK, the files transfer to the virtual or physical Prime without problem. If I use the macOS CK the hpappprgm file is corrupt (seemingly missing every other character), but the png and hpappnote files look fine.

This is true on yesterday's build of macOS CK (Build: 2016 12 6. Rev:11217) as well as the original.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Apps - Mark Power - 12-07-2016 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)