Battery run competition, category 41
12-04-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Battery run competition, category 41
(12-04-2016 08:13 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 01:11 PM)Hans-Peter Wrote:  I invite you to a special race. The runners are our machines, the range is the program that drains the battery empty.

Here are the rules:
* Presentation of the candidate's inner values (electronic, retirement ...)
* Running program (hardware, listing)
* Finisher clip (hours)
* State after the finish (Memory Lost or normal status)
* Success factors

Sorry, but I do not quite understand what you mean here. What is a "finisher clip" and what "retirement" do you refer to? Maybe you want to repost these rules in German ?-)

But looking at the pictures, the Li-Po battery built into the case of a 82120A battery sounds very promising. Seems to be charged using an USB connection. Can you say more on this? I only wonder why the 450 mAh battery yields 47 hours, compared to the 300 mAh version with merely 27 hours.

You say that all the Li-Po runs ended with a "Memory Lost". Looking at the program, the low battery flag is tested once an hour. Maybe you should change this to once a minute. Running up to an hour on a low battery simply is too much here, and whether the program fishishes correctly or a Memory Lost occurs depends on the BAT annunciator appearing at minute 59 (program finishes, calculator turns off) or at minute 01 (59 more minutes to go until the next test).

Dieter

The finisher clip is the small video, when you finish a run like this finisher clip (one of the yellow ones).
In our "calc world", it means a receipt of the reached time.

The retirement means the state of the calc (Memorylost or BAT). If you use a single cell Lipo, then you have a protection circuit witch drops the voltage imediatly, so the BAT flag has no chance to show low bat. The result is a ML.

The quality (real capaticity) of the lipos is sometime different. My actual 500mAh is now charging. In 3 days I will show more details.

The run with the eneloops shows the minutes and ends without a ML. The eneloops stopped by 1.02V each, when the booster went low.

Hans-Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery run competition, category 41 - Hans-Peter - 12-04-2016 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)