Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
12-07-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
Hi Dave,

For battery life and startup/resume time, you really can't beat a tablet. Of course there is no real keyboard, which might be a problem. I see where some have been successful getting Win 3.1 and Win 95 running in Dos box on an Android Tablet. Not sure how practical it really is. I've used DosBox on my Nexus 7 to run straight dos programs and it does work well.

I have a 8" WinBook that I picked up at MicroCenter for $100. If runs Windows 10 very well. It's fairly small and works good with either the on-screen touch keyboard or a small Bluetooth keyboard. It has a full size USB, so easy to copy files to/from it using a usb stick.

If you need a real keyboard, you might think of getting one of the older Netbooks. Some of them were pretty small. You may want to look at UMPC. These were very compact windows machines. Do a search for UMPC.

I had a Fijitsu U810 that I really liked. About the same size as the Libretto, had keyboard and screen rotated to become a touch screen. Decent battery life.

Good luck with your search.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 12-07-2016 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)