Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
12-08-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
(12-08-2016 07:08 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Follow-up question: Can anybody recommend a decent, cheap, 7-inch Android tablet that does a good job with DOSBox? I'll probably give it a try on my 2012 Nexus 7 running CyanogenMod, though that thing started getting pretty sluggish after around Android 4.4 or so.

Dave,

I also have the Nexus 7, 2012, and when it updated to Android 5, it became totally useless. I ended up reloading 4.4.4 on it and it's back working pretty good. I was hoping that Google would bring out a new tablet this year.

Before you buy a new Android tablet, try loading "AnDosBox" on the one you have. You should also load "Hacker's Keyboard" which will give you access to the Dos function keys. There's also DosBox Turbo, but I haven't used it.

I've run some dos programs on the Nexus Tablet - but I find using the touch keyboard a pain - especially for a long period of time.

I did run the first edition of Leisure Suit Larry on it. Also loaded Cpack200 on it.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 12-08-2016 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)