Poll: Are Swiss Micros calculators well-made?
low
medium-low
medium
medium-high
high
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
09-11-2018, 07:29 AM
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
(09-10-2018 08:23 PM)edryer Wrote:  I should add the DM-16CC I have is the "Silver Edition" which I believe is Titanium so can't comment on the Non Silver edition.

I opened it up and it looks very neat and tidy inside, one PCB with a few chips (maybe just one can't remember), battery and two surface mounted microswitches. I'd imagine reliability of the electronics are superb.

Flashed from V16 to V27 firmware with linux "lpc21isp" that I had to build for Fedora 25, very straightforward, took a few minutes to build and a minute to flash.

All the credit card size SwissMicros calculators have titanium backs except for a few early models. I have one of the first DM41s that has a brass back! Titanium is notoriously difficult to work, which is why they're waiting on more of them to resume sales of the small models. They're difficult to source!

There should be 2 chips on the PCB if memory serves. The larger of them is the LPC1115 CPU that also includes FLASH for the ROM and 8KB of static RAM. The second, smaller chip is a PCF8563 real time clock chip.

Just as a side note, the credit card size calculators have no suffix on their names and the full-size "Voyager" format machines have an "L" suffix, so your machine is a DM16 (as opposed to the full-size DM16L).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable - grsbanks - 09-11-2018 07:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)