Poll: Are Swiss Micros calculators well-made?
low
medium-low
medium
medium-high
high
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
09-26-2018, 05:44 PM
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
I got a 15 and a 41 earlier in the year , whilst both are ‘ok’ ..... build quality isn’t quite up to the mark imho.
On one the metal display trim is now losing adhesion to the cabinet , the other has a gap between top and bottom cabinet parts. (Below the bottom part of keyboard.)

On one of them the rear cabinet screw heads are ever so so slightly larger, so they don’t sit in the countersink flush. I asked for replacements but whilst they were shipped quickly enough they’re pretty much the same. (The combination of thin feet makes the calculator prone to shifting about.
One of the calculators is fine, small well sunk in screws with no other problems.
If I put the smaller headed screws from the good unit into the other they’re fine...

I also had a display problem, the fix didn’t work so he sent me a replacement which is fine ....
But all these things are remembered .... and has put me off (so far) buying more into the brand.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable - Zaphod - 09-26-2018 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)