Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts?
01-11-2017, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 05:54 PM by Pcip.)
Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts?
I recently got an HP-46. The seller said it wasn't working, but indeed it was, and although filthy, it is like new, with a new manual, cover and literature. All for 30 euro. Of course, the infamous printer double gear disintegrated after a few seconds of use, but thanks to member Sadsilence (thanks again, Werner!) I was able to put the printer up and running again.
Anyway I got very unlucky this time. After a while I heard something like a metallic small "bang". The printer was stuck. After disassembling more I found that two little internal "hammers" had broken up in three pieces. The hard part was to take them out of the mechanism. I spent more than two hours doing that.
Anyhow now the printer works flawlessly, but with two positions missing (I can choose which ones to leave out).

I was wondering if any member here has one of those hammers.
I learned the hard way that these printers should not be put to work without a thorough cleaning.
Hardened grease, useless old oil together with dust and dirt accumulated in 40 years and more will make the bomb tick.

Ciao,
Paolo

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts? - Pcip - 01-11-2017 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)