Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts?
05-26-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts?
I've got all sorted out, at last.

The printouts I have now are far superior for consistency to those I see as examples on the user manual and better than those that the printer had done in the past (there was some old printer paper in the box I received). The functioning is nice, smooth and silent, and I haven't yet properly lubricated the thing.

The easy part was actually the drum gear positioning. Actually, it would have been highly unlikely that an alignment designed for a drum whose magnet was aligned between 2's and 3's could be fit for a drum whose magnet was aligned between 1's and 2's. I tried turning the drum clockwise (don't ask why not counterclockwise) a few degrees and it did the trick. I can confirm that (at least on the two printers I have here) the motor sensor head should sit exactly between the two motor magnets.

The fact however was that I had three variables working against me, and not only a single one.

I had disassembled also the two solenoid banks to get better understanding of the internal working of the printer, and to thoroughly clean it. The reassembly required a lot of patience, because position calibration accuracy regarding depth and tilt is essential for correct printing. The four screws were in fact locked with paint.

Anyhow, a little bit more testing and the printer will go back in the 46.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone have an HP-46 printer for parts? - Pcip - 05-26-2017 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)