Android: How do you update the calculator?
02-07-2017, 09:01 PM
RE: Android: How do you update the calculator?
(02-07-2017 03:22 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Assuming *both* the android app and the computer with the connkit are on the same subnet, you are most likely being blocked by a firewall or similar. If on windows, please check if you have a firewall, and then if your connectivity kit is blocked there.

I'm seeing similar problems to the other posters. My topology: two Windows 10 PCs, two Android machines (Sony phone & Samsung tablet). All up to date with the latest software, all connected to the same WiFi network. On both PCs, the HP Connectivity Kit is in the list of Windows Firewall allowed apps. The HP Connectivity Kit appears in the Inbound Rules list with access to the local network (TCP & UDP).

The Connectivity Kit on each PC was given a different network name (not HP_CLASSROOM) to tell them apart.

Neither Android calculator could see the CK network name on one PC; the calculators would just keep searching for a network. Both Android calculators could see the network name of the CK on the other PC. However, they would indicate they were trying to connect, but never appear in the list of connected calculators on the CK.

I tried stopping & restarting the Connectivity Kit and Android calculator in different sequences (no luck). On the functioning PC, I changed the CK network name to verify the calculator was really finding the network (it was). I tried temporarily disabling Windows Firewall completely on the non-functioning PC (didn't help).

For one of the PCs, the firewall doesn't seem to be the problem. If the calculator is trying to connect, is there a way to force the Connectivity Kit to poll for available calculators?

Windows 10 - I'm hatin' it (tm),
~ Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android: How do you update the calculator? - mfleming - 02-07-2017 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)