Graphing Differential Equations (Slope Fields)
01-27-2017, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2017 01:08 AM by CloudHP.)
RE: Graphing Differential Equations (Slope Fields)
(01-27-2017 06:06 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(01-27-2017 05:10 AM)CloudHP Wrote:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ef9Zmfi...sp=sharing

Hello,

Are you manually typing in a 'plotfield' command? Or using the little popup editor that appears when you press the Plot->slopefield in your plot view?

If you don't see a little editor when you do that, that means you aren't up to date in your Prime software. I ask because the editor screen automatically adds in the required 'normalize' tag at the end to give you what you'd like here.

plotfield(sin(x),[x = ((-16.) .. 16.),y = ((-11.) .. 10.9)],xstep = 2.5,ystep = 2.5,'normalize') <-- note the 'normalize' as the last argument.

I am going into the commands in the CAS Geometry, hitting plot and then hitting slopefield. Does this mean my software is out of date? I just plugged it in recently and it said I had software updates so I updated. I can use the normalize function which just types normalize() into the equation. How would I use it in correlation to the plotfield function?

Also sorry, could you explain a brief tutorial on how to graph slope fields in general? What do the vector variables mean? I am a bit confused. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphing Differential Equations (Slope Fields) - CloudHP - 01-27-2017 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)