does "hidden figures" have any equations?
03-23-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: does "hidden figures" have any equations?
(02-10-2017 11:10 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  I just bought "hidden figures", a book about some mathematicians at NASA.
I gather there is also a movie.

On getting it home and having a very quick skim through the book, I was surprised and disappointed that I didnt see any formulae, just lots of text.

Though to be fair to the book, there was an extensive bibliography and notes, so perhaps its just an index to other books containing some maths.

I guess the historical story will be interesting and worth the £2, but my initial impression is one of disappointment in the book, on a par with buying a book about Neil Armstrong and finding that it didn't mention what kind of vehicle he used to travel in.

Did I miss a page of formulae out?
Or am I just being too harsh because I was hoping to find a few formulae to type into the HP Prime? Smile

It's a story, not a math book. It's written for entertainment and a superficial insight into the lives of the people involved. The people at whom it's targeted wouldn't understand the math anyway.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: does "hidden figures" have any equations? - toml_12953 - 03-23-2020 10:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)