CASIO fx-1000 Scientific Calculator -I believe this one is highly collectible
03-16-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: CASIO fx-1000 Scientific Calculator -I believe this one is highly collectible
In my work desk drawer, I still have an fx-2000, indeed I treated it to a new set of batteries only a few weeks ago, though more for old times' sake than in expectation of using it in earnest. BTW, it has three cells, not two.

I bought it new in 1977 or '78, when I was working on construction of a section of the M25. It was the first LCD scientific I had seen, and the extended battery life by comparison with LEDs meant I could carry it with me all day on site. IIRC, the 1000 and 2000 in the names referred to claimed battery life in hours. I think I paid £30 for it from an office supplies shop in Bromley.

Having spent some years in donkey-jacket pockets, the back plate is a little dented, and the satin finish has worn off the edges and around the switch, but it still works fine. The yellow LCD needs to be at the right angle to be legible, and the numerals are small by modern standards, but I think it's doing well to still be working at almost 40 years old.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CASIO fx-1000 Scientific Calculator -I believe this one is highly collectible - Derek W - 03-16-2017 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)