Is a spare 35S a good idea or redundant?
03-21-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Is a spare 35S a good idea or redundant?
(03-21-2017 07:27 AM)Dieter Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 11:03 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  For most of the bugs, I agree, however the machines inability to generate a consistent checksum for an entered program means you can never be sure you've entered one correctly, even if just copying from an existing list. I can write a program and publish it here with the size and checksum, then you enter it into your machine and you see different checksum, even if entered 100% correctly.

To quote Maximilian Hohmann: "I never understood why this would be important". ;-)

Honestly: is this a real world problem? Do you have dozens of long printed program listings that have to be entered? And finally: what do you do with well-respected calculators like the 67, 41 or 42? They do not have a checksum feature at all! Are they useless if a program has to be entered manually? Are you mistrusting them as well because there is no checksum to compare? Come on...

Yes, the 35s has its weak points. But IMHO none of them is so important that it would spoil the picture of a well-made easy-to-use everyday RPN calculator. I have been using mine since 2007, and I really like it.

Dieter

However, the 42S does show the size of the programme, which is some sort of check on correctness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is a spare 35S a good idea or redundant? - Gerald H - 03-21-2017 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)