[question]userRPL, functions or (sub)subprograms and directories
03-29-2017, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2017 06:08 PM by pier4r.)
RE: [question]userRPL and functions or (sub)subprograms
(03-29-2017 05:39 PM)DavidM Wrote:  This example shows another important concept to keep in mind: while "test" in dir2 and dir3 is actually running a program (foobar) that resides in a higher level directory, the search path that applies is whichever one was current when you started "test" -- not the path starting from the location of "foobar". The current path always starts at the current directory that the user sets, unless (of course) the program explicitly changes that.

Like in linux. Nice.

Another thing that is pretty neat is that I did not know I could code directly directories in an object. I do not know if that is a made up object or you can implement an entire directory in a so simple way. I'll test asap. It is exciting!

Compared to that my way of coding programs with functions is way more complicated (either because I have one lengthy program with inner blocks or because I need a multi tabbed editor to keep track of things).

Anyway I never read about the DIR in the user guide or AUR (wait AUR mention it, but quickly), but again, as I missed the point about visibility of saved globals in subdirectors in the user guide, I may have missed the part about "how to code an entire directory structure".

Coding directly a directory structure I believe could be even more "maintainable" than a program between "\<< \>>" that has multiple sub blocks inside it.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [question]userRPL and functions or (sub)subprograms - pier4r - 03-29-2017 05:48 PM
about DIR END - pier4r - 03-29-2017, 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)