Longest computation that your calculator performed for you?
03-30-2017, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2017 08:49 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Longest computation that your calculator performed for you?
(03-30-2017 07:30 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  I'm not nearly as strong in math as some on this forum are, but I can always find a way to brute-force something to get the answers I need.
Same here, but I fail nevertheless Sad . Therefore I try again, and again, and again, and...

Quote:A few years ago I used my HP-71, in BASIC, to generate large look-up tables (most being 65,536 cells each, and 16-bit, meaning 128KB per table) for hyperfast, accurate, 16-bit scaled-integer math, to use as a virtual co-processor for hardware that didn't have a normal co-processor. It took my HP-71 a few weeks to generate the tables and convert to Intel Hex files. I posted them, along with a discussion of the value of scaled-integer math and how to use it effectively, and information on how each table was calculated, on my website, at http://wilsonminesco.com/16bitMathTables/ .

This looks interesting. Is scaled-integer math the same of as (thanks for the correction!) fixed point math? I will check the link, thanks for sharing!

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Longest computation that your calculator performed for you? - pier4r - 03-30-2017 07:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)