Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
04-04-2017, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 06:19 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
(04-04-2017 05:36 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Python has the NumPy and SciPy packages for various advanced math functionality. It might be worth a look to see if they can do what you need.

Thanks for the additional answer. Yes I heard of them and they are pretty complete as far as I know. The problem is that there may be quirks already with different version of python for windows or limitations due to the differences between python for windows and python for embedded platforms. For example something may not work on all the ARM CPUs (there are quite a lot of different ARM ISA out there).

While I do think that in the end is possible to find a solution with python or the like, buying a well tested (well, I assume so) package -a calculator - that is complete in itself with programs written for its "not so far changing" hardware, is quite an advantage in having less headaches. Beside that, I really love to see a calculator working for an answer that I want to know.

The closer to an 50g on the computer are the applications designed as mathematical software from the start, like matlab and competitors. (and even then, programs from the community may run on matlab version Y but not on version X)

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - pier4r - 04-03-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - pier4r - 04-04-2017 06:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)