Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
04-05-2017, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 06:44 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
Helix thanks for sharing your investigations!

I investigated a bit too (shame on me to not report updates) and I read about Lua be available for nspire and nspire CX since OS version 3. It seems quite fast compared to the ti-basic, as you reported. The problem is that I really thought lua could use the mathematical library of the calculator seamlessly.

I also read about ndless but as you said, it does not interface with the library on the calculator (at least, not directly), so it is a no go for me. When I have to skip the built in functions, then I go for hpgcc on the 50g that, AFAIK, could even talk with the 50g functions if one wraps the object in and out hpgcc properly and recalls the built in functions.

So having just lua but without the ability to use the rest of the library would be pretty disappointing, because it means I need to go searching functions myself outside ticalc.org (aka: ready made) and it would defeat the purpose of an environment well packed.

Ok, it is possible. TI-Nspire Lua Scripting API Reference Guide , In addition to the functions that come with the standard Lua math library, there is an interface to the TI-Nspire™ math server that allows access to the advanced mathematical features of the TI-Nspire™ product. So, it would fit the bill. Thanks for raising the question though, I was taking it for granted.

I was expecting more info about the Prime here though. I mean, it seems a solid product but I do remember that at the start there were limitations (like capped arrays), I am not sure wheter they were corrected or not. Sure I may end up buying a 50-60 Euro refurbished nspire (no CX) for starters, instead of a 60-70 euro 50g or 120+ prime/nspire CX.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - pier4r - 04-03-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - pier4r - 04-05-2017 06:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)