Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
04-16-2014, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 03:29 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
(04-16-2014 02:28 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  Some functions still yield domain error when setting d/dx=0 BUT, if one bypasses my methodology and just initially goes to the num-solve field and creates 0=d/dx(your equation, even with fractional powers of x), it appears to work consistently. Since the variable x is now stored with the critical point, just go back to num-solv, leave equation as is while getting rid of the d/dx, and make 0=y and solve. You now have the y value at the min or max that you have just found. If you return to home screen, pressing x and enter gives the x of interest, pressing y and entering gives the y value that goes with the x.

Remember to clear variables before calculating further problems using x or y.

Could you please illustrate this by a step-by-step example? That way I can do this exactly the right way without missing or messing up a step. I ask because I have tried this in exactly these steps for 30 minutes and it's not working.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual - Matt Agajanian - 04-16-2014 02:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)