Which calculator would you reccomend?
05-26-2017, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2017 02:39 AM by lemontea.)
RE: Which calculator would you reccomend?
Don't sell your Prime unless you really need the cash.

Keep the Prime, as it will get better and better with every new firmware version. (Or maybe as I hope, one day someone will jailbreak it and turn it into a super fast 48GX...).

The other thing is, you may not even be able to sell it for a good price (that is, not losing too much money), and you might want to buy it again in the future.

I have a Prime, sitting in a box somewhere.

By the way, if you have a smartphone (Android or iOS) there are CAS (Computer Algebra System) applications which can help you with calculus. Some are free, some are paid. This is a tangent (pun intended) to your calculator question, but also related (the reason is, you don't really need a super powerful calculator, when you get super powerful CAS software on your phone and computer nowadays).

For example, I only use my calculators (11C, 15C, 48G) to ASSIST me when I do hand calculations, or to add up the shipping and taxes to my online purchases (haha).

Otherwise, I would have my iPad running PocketCAS ($10 I think), with a bluetooth keyboard nearby. On the PC/Mac you can run XCAS (free) in command line mode, or install GeoGebra (also free) for a cleaner user interface.

The 15C has pretty lousy Matrix calculations. You would be pretty annoyed trying to do it on the 15C (that's why I never do it on the 15C). But it is my favorite calculator. My 11C is my oldest one. My 48G is the one I use most of the time though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which calculator would you reccomend? - lemontea - 05-26-2017 02:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)