HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac
05-27-2017, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 09:34 PM by smp.)
RE: HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac
(05-27-2017 06:21 PM)smp Wrote:  When I type on my Mac, nothing happens - then if I type ENDLINE on my HP-71B, then all that I typed on my Mac finally come streaming out onto the terminal display.

Can anyone assist me with this?

Now I am really frustrated!

I decided to go back to Windows 7 under Parallels on my Mac and give it a try there. I did a clean installation from scratch for LIFUTILS, Miniconda, and pyILPER. I followed all of the instructions, step by step. I now have pyILPER up and running under Windows 7, under Parallels, on my MacBook Pro.

I followed the instructions for getting the interactive terminal to work. I copied PILIMAGE.DAT to my working directory, and then mounted it. I copied KEYBOARD and then PILTERM onto my HP-71B. I ran PILTERM, and I saw the assignment of printer, display, and keyboard.

And, it works exactly the same as on my Mac! When I type on my Mac in the terminal window, nothing shows up, then when I hit ENDLINE on my HP-71B, all the characters I typed on my Mac show up on the screen and the HP-71B executes whatever I typed.

So, now both my Mac installation and also my Windows installation are working the same - both provide a good terminal display, but neither of them provide proper input by the terminal keyboard.

BAH!

Any ideas or assistance will be greatly appreciated!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac - smp - 05-27-2017 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)