Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus?
08-21-2019, 03:28 PM
RE: Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus?
Success!!! The package arrived today, and the floppy disk is 100% error free! The contents of the disk are attached. There's a batch file that installs the 1-2-3 add-in manager, but none of that is needed for the 100LX/200LX, since 2.4 has the add-in manager functionality built in. Just copy @BASE.ADN, @BASE.TXT, and @BASEFUN.ADN to C:\_DAT.

I've only done a few minutes of testing, but it appears to be working fine on my 200LX. I opened up some of the example files and played with browse, edit, and crosstab. There's one very minor catch: it assumes an 80x25 screen, so some of the displays might run off the edges of the screen if you don't zoom out (Fn-Space) before invoking the various @BASE screens (like the browser or editor). I'm assuming this means it's not fully usable on a 95LX.

The manual is spiral-bound, though it's not a coiled type that I could just thread out and back in. I would need some sort of spreading tool to easily unbind it. But I may be able to just slap it on my flatbed scanner and get good results. It's about 200 pages, so I'll have to find some time to experiment with that.

.zip  @BASE.zip (Size: 93.12 KB / Downloads: 4)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus? - Dave Britten - 08-21-2019 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)