42S display lense fixer upper?
07-14-2017, 01:16 AM
RE: 42S display lense fixer upper?
(07-14-2017 12:57 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 02:07 AM)Dave Shaffer Wrote:  Be a little careful where you use that "air." It may well have some (oily) impurities - DO NOT USE IT, for instance, to clean the sensor in a digital camera.

To avoid that mishap, how do I check if the contents have impurities?

Thanks.

First check is to read the label, it should say if there are any contents such as oils.

Then spray it onto a handy glass (or even better mirror) surface which you have ensured is completely clean just before you spray it. If there are oils present, you will see them on the glass surface, though suggest you check it closely (e.g. with flashlight and magnifying glass - but this depends on your eyesight).

If you suspect there could be some kind of residue (such as oil, etc.) on the glass but aren't sure, run your finger across the surface where you sprayed; if there is something, you will see the trail.

In the original question, I never answered completely - don't bother to spray air into the 4 rounds holes; they are raised stakes to hold on the back, and I don't believe the path passes into the front of the chassis where the LCD is.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 42S display lense fixer upper? - rprosperi - 07-14-2017 01:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)