newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
08-18-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11]
Okay, after quite a lot of programming and playing around, I have some more observations.

Most commands that take lists as input (ie, PURGE, LOCKVAR, etc.) leave an empty list on the stack after running. This probably has to do with the changes in how lists work - I'd recommend tweaking them to do a DROP at the end.

Likewise, if you EVAL a list from PATH, you get an empty list. Not sure how to fix this.

SDSTO and other commands that involve writing to the SD card fail most of the time. It isn't an issue with my card, as I can write to it on my oldRPL 50g and my computer with no trouble. The only partial pattern I've noted is that sometimes, when I have written to the card with another machine, then put it back in my newRPL 50g, it will work for a while. But not always.

A "SADD" command, that runs ADD on a variable and stores the result, is very useful - much more so than SINV or SCONJ. It's easy enough to code, but it might be worth building in. (You used to be able to do this with STO+, but obviously not any more.)

The command line has some quirks compared to the old 50g. You used to be able, for example, to type 1GET, without a space, and it would work. Now it puts 1 and GET on the stack.

Likewise, the program editor seems really persnickety about spaces at times, particularly if a space doesn't get left between commands and the delimiters.

All of that said, this is the first version of newRPL that I can really sink my teeth into. Great work!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11] - The Shadow - 08-18-2017 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)