newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
08-23-2017, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 02:50 AM by The Shadow.)
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11]
(08-23-2017 06:45 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I'll look into that optimization, thanks for the hint.

Ironically enough, I first learned about it years ago from an HP forum post suggesting a change in the stock RPL ->Q. Smile It's served me in good stead ever since.

Quote:I'll give you a simple one: It's a different keycode. You need to define your custom key explicitly for the alpha plane, even if the behavior is exactly the same as outside of it.

Oh my goodness, I feel like an idiot! Yes, of course.

I wonder if alpha mode should be a context rather than a plane? Because unlike left and right shift, alpha mode persists after pressing multiple keys.

For that matter, algebraic and program modes might make good contexts.

Quote:Same explanation as above: being a different plane, there needs to be a definition for that key in the alpha plane. It wouldn't surprise me if I forgot to define some keys behavior within the alpha plane.
This is a good area for testers to work on: Please make a wish list of missing key bindings and I'll add them by default. Include all the planes the key should work on.

Okay. Well, there's definitely the arrow. It needs to be bound to alpha-RS-0 and to AH-RS-0.

-----------
Quote:
(08-22-2017 04:37 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Can I throw in a request for VISIT? I love it to pieces.
You sure can, but that's more complicated to implement so it might be a while.
Thanks for the feedback.

Huh. I've got a kludgey RPL version working already, though it fails pretty often, probably due to key timing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11] - The Shadow - 08-23-2017 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)