newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-20-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-20-2017 06:39 AM)Neve Wrote:  To me, a new system or firmware should look the same as the “original” one, but be way better under-the-hood.

Therefore, modern cell phones should look like this then, but with a modern CPU, voice controlled Android OS (touchscreens are a disgrace, nothing like that old mouthpiece with a nice stretchy cord, in the end people miss it, that's why the icons still look that way).

[Image: Mobile_radio_telephone.jpg]

Jokes aside, ask yourself if a relatively minor interface change on a 30-year old design is worth adapting to. I did adapt and works quite well for daily use. Having your variables *and* your most used commands available at once is really efficient. And this also allows you to insert content of variables in the editor, and even traverse directories while you are editing text. I guess you didn't even try the interactive stack yet.

By the way, the flags you desperately need are mostly gone for good. There's a few flags but newRPL removed much of the flag nightmare (exact vs approx mode, commands that switch to radians in order to work, etc).
Some of them are still there to control specific system behaviors but we eliminated flag-dependent execution as much as possible.

If you want to give up that easily, go ahead. If you dare to explore it a bit more, I'm sure you'll change your mind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-20-2017 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)