newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-29-2017, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2017 01:44 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-29-2017 01:12 PM)compsystems Wrote:  I think it's a great idea, send the NEWRPL project files to hpcalc.org, because that site has a lot of traffic and is famous, while this forum very few visit it.

Yes, just not yet. I'm providing updates very frequently in this forum, fixing bugs and adding functionality. I can't be updating hpcalc.org so frequently.
The "problem" with newRPL is that until it's finished, it can't be a permanent replacement for the stock firmware and that is what discourages most people.
This forum has few visitors, but those few are the *only* people that would be willing to try it as it is now, without completely dismissing it.

I would say 90% of people would do what our friend Neve (rightfully) did: try it for a few seconds and immediately dismiss it. If and when that 90% try it for the first time, it has to be ready, has to provide them with the best experience. For example, Neve looked for a GUI to change the flags. Very simple, but while the settings can be changed there's no GUI implemented yet. When that's done, be it flags or other (newer) ways to change the settings, everything would feel much more familiar to him.
Make no mistake, it's not Neve's problem, it's newRPL's problem, but that will be solved with project maturity, nothing else. Until then, it's only for the people in this forum, willing to put their 50g's through the works.

EDIT: Thankfully, Neve will give it a second look, but then... he's one of us in the forum! Other people won't be so understanding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-29-2017 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)