newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-29-2017 05:49 PM)compsystems Wrote:  An idea: please made the imaginary unit optional
for example XCAS-ti-mode uses as an imaginary unit the character ¡ Inverted exclamation character (Spanish ! -> ¡) there would be no problem for the simulator because that is available I believe in all PC keyboard. the objetive is releasing the vowel i as a counter variable.

There's already Unicode characters that are used as the complex unit, no need to come up with something completely non-standard.

http://xahlee.info/comp/unicode_math_operators.html

However, we are still debating whether to use the double struck 'i' or 'j' for the complex unit or the regular letters. It will probably be more cumbersome to type with a special letter, but as you said, it will free i,j to be used as variables, and they are actually the most familiar indexes in most matrix and summation formulae.
The clear advantage would be that both 'i' and 'j' can be defined as the complex unit at the same time, and be used interchangeably. There would still be the need for a flag to prefer 'i' or 'j' on complex symbolic results.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 10-02-2017 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)