How to get to a catalog name quickly
09-01-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: How to get to a catalog name quickly
I agree with you. We should not hijack the catalog for fast program entry. Bad idea from my side. Especially, as I already wrote a small utility, assigned to K_Abc, that solves part of this problem.

I will put this small utility under the program section, once it is finished and polished. It allows to enter often used text without explicitly switching to alpha mode. But I still need an efficient way to provide local variables. Global variables are already handled by the Prime. Perhaps the menu can present these in an alphabetically sorted way?

The real issue I am fighting with is the constant switching between normal and alpha mode, when editing a program. I very often forget to switch back to normal mode. Then I forget to double tap the alpha key. Then I am already in alpha mode, thinking about something, continue by pressing alpha twice, and messing around with non alpha key strokes. Some of this confusion might go away, if it is possible to have permanent alpha mode with a single key press as with the HP48. Did I miss a flag in the preferences to select this mode?

BTW, I am aware that the connectivity kit is very helpful. But I like to write small programs, if I am not at my PC. For this the Prime is very nice.

- Robert -
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get to a catalog name quickly - Robert Graulich - 09-01-2017 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)