New guy and programming problem
08-28-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem
(08-28-2017 02:20 PM)Logan Wrote:  So for completeness' sake, I'll add the response I left to you when you asked this question on my 42s programming video.

Sure, so what's happening is that if you enter a new value for R1 or R2 the stack is lifting and the old value is now in the Y portion of the stack, so ultimately your program is calculating the old R2 + 1/(new R2) and then 1/x.

A couple of solutions: the most straightforward is probably to store the intermediate value, so after the first 1/X, STO 00 and then after the second 1/X, RCL 00.

Or, perhaps a better practice is to create the variables first, then perform the operations:
Code:
LABEL "PAR2"
INPUT R1
INPUT R2
1/X
RCL R1
1/X
+
1/X
END

Lastly, if you wanted to be really streamlined, you could do away with INPUT altogether and just enter your values into the stack before executing the program
Code:
LABEL "PAR2"
1/X
X <> Y
1/X
+
1/X
END
(Run by entering R1 ENTER R2 XEQ PAR2)

Yes, I did read your reply, also lemme use the instance to thank you so much for your videos, I've watched every single one of them (calculators related) and its partially your fault that I'm so inclined to the 42S hahaha. Greetings
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New guy and programming problem - Skirmitch - 08-28-2017 06:11 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem - sasa - 09-01-2018, 03:18 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem - sasa - 09-01-2018, 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)