Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA
06-09-2018, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018 07:26 PM by vanLudwig.)
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.1.0 BETA
I pushed out a BETA build of v3.1.0 for Android today. The major theme of this release is allowing the creation of custom functions in your layout xml. For instance, if you think the only thing separating Acron RPN from calculator bliss is that it doesn’t have a hyperbolic secant, that shortcoming is now easily rectified.

Code:
<function ID="sech" label="sech" parameters="1">
  <MathCosh.Action/>
  <MathDivInvert.Action/>
</function>

Once the code above is added to your <values> section, the ID sech becomes a valid math action, so you can bind it to buttons just like built-in functions. So, for instance, we could make it the long-press of the cosh button.

Code:
<button label="cosh" action="MathCosh.Action" longPressAction="sech"/>

Within the app, sech will now be presented exactly as if it was a built in function.
\[\text{sech}\left ( \ln \left ( \frac{5}{3} \right ) \right )=\frac{15}{17}\]
Since the MathCosh and MathDivInvert were able to maintain a perfect answer, the sech will too. On the flip side, if you provided a parameter that caused either MathCosh or MathDivInvert to abort, the entire sech would be aborted, and the stack would be restored to the pre-sech state.

I’ve added a bunch of snippets like the one above at http://www.acrongames.com/rpncalculator/snippets.php

Most of those snippets have been incorporated into layout Ultimate 2, available here (you must upgrade to 3.1.0 BETA before installing). I’ve also updated the layout documentation, available here.

Unlike previous releases, iOS is almost on par with the Android progress. I expect to have a BETA available in a few days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA - vanLudwig - 08-27-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA - Dieter - 09-07-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA - Dieter - 09-07-2017, 07:59 PM
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA - Dieter - 09-07-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.0 BETA - Dieter - 06-15-2018, 06:26 PM
RE: Acron RPN announces v3.1.0 BETA - vanLudwig - 06-09-2018 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)