Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
10-08-2017, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 09:22 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
As I explained here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9245.html I estimated the hp prime app very valuable (since I have several android and windows devices) and I bought it also on windows. Also I hope that the development will continue for a while (1-2 years)

So far the usage of windows 10 is not bad but newRPL (on win10) has an easier way to transfer from text files, maybe this could be included in the next app releases? That would be a great improvement (I am not sure whether Tim or other HP members will read this).

One thing that I have difficulties to understand, though, is when I select "memory, info".

On a win 10 pro, 1gb ram, 160 gb of disk I get:
memory 42 MB, storage 1.3 GB
(the memory is smaller than the real calculator somehow)

On a nvidia shield k1, android 7.0, 2gb ram, 64 gb sd storage I get:
memory: 101.32 MB, Storage 10Kb (!)

Can someone explain how it works?

To me it seems that the storage could expand until the real disk is full, while the memory, well. Why is is 101 MB on android and 42mb on windows?

Now 42Mb of memory are great but I thought that the limit on android or windows could expand on demand, so not to limit the usage of the application.

PS:
also a simple for loop looping through values needs:
7 seconds on the nvidia shield k1, cpu tegra k1 (it has 5 CPU arm cores, one can go up to 2.3 Ghz)
60 seconds on a atom n270 (2 logical cores, x86, 1.6 ghz)

though the n270 has already to care about win10 that is heavy on its own. The nvidia is pretty slick.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations). - pier4r - 10-08-2017 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)