[WP-34s] Add radix in show digits of x display
03-16-2014, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 06:38 AM by Jonathan Cameron.)
[WP-34s] Add radix in show digits of x display
If you want to see all the digits in a number using the [f][<] command, the WP-34s will show some of the digits in the upper display and the rest in the lower. Unfortunately, it omits the radix (decimal point or comma). I've put together a patch that addresses this for both single-precision mode and double-precision mode. This patch inserts the correct radix depending on the current radix mode.

The changes only affect the function show_x() in display.c. This patch is for the WP-34s trunk. But it should also work as-is in the WP-31s code. Since the patch is for the WP-34s code, I've included the updated show_x() function code in the attached show_x.c file to make it simpler to apply (if the patch program has any difficulties with the patch file). The code is the same for both, but the double-precision mode parts of the code will never be exercised in the WP-31s version.

Here is what the display looks with PI in single precision mode:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=384]

In double-precisoin mode, the display for the left part of PI looks like this:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=385]

and the right part looks like this (no radix is displayed):
[Image: attachment.php?aid=386]

Please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any problems with it. If it seems okay, I can incorporate it into both the WP-34s and WP-31s code.

You can download versions for testing at:

http://jmcameron.net/WP-34s/downloads/

-Jonathan

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  show_x.c.txt (Size: 974 bytes / Downloads: 7)
.txt  show_x.patch.txt (Size: 917 bytes / Downloads: 9)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[WP-34s] Add radix in show digits of x display - Jonathan Cameron - 03-16-2014 07:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)