Articles or book(s) about the functions behind a scientific calculator
08-26-2018, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2018 11:15 AM by sasa.)
RE: Articles or book(s) about the functions behind a scientific calculator
(08-25-2018 12:27 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Would be nice if we could edit, collaborative, "suggested related threads" to some threads.

Yes, it would be interesting. I have thought some time ago to make here a series of articles about formulas and algorithms I used in my math lib (after long process of research and testing from many sources). They are rather suitable for microcontrollers and IEEE-754 floating point (both 32 and 64-bit). However, for early BCD based chips used in calculators, suitable algorithms are a bit different and much slower due extremely limited resources, on the contrary very cheap nowadays MCUs have.

Specialized books are still not cheap sources and often even Wikipedia (internet in general) have good enough sources for this purpose...

Today, calculator manufacturers rather keep all used algorithms closed, under intellectual property rights, on the contrary as that was the case in pioneer days. Good resource for advanced research as well are open source CAS libraries.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Articles or book(s) about the functions behind a scientific calculator - sasa - 08-26-2018 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)