Aesthetic coherence in new 3D-App [Beta public FW12969]
11-23-2017, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 08:32 AM by dg1969.)
RE: Aesthetic coherence in new 3D-App [Beta public FW12969]
Thank you for your reply Tim

(11-15-2017 03:01 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The issue you are describing is more the viewing angle of the screen though I think. Looking at it straight on I have no problem seeing the default selection blue.

Yes it is an hardware issue. I do not know how the screen is designed but the loss of contrast with the angle of inclination of the vision is much more marked when looking from the bottom to the top.
I own two calculators (one rev.A and one rev.C)... same on both.

But what you are saying is right. If you look at the screen well perpendicularly everything is readable.

Despite this I think that some choice of color could improve things. I am aware that criticism is always easier... My English is very bad and I want to repeat here how much I am satisfied with this great machine. I emphasize this imperfection in order to help improve, if possible...

I have written a basic application that allows to visualize rectangles of colors by browsing the space of the TSL colors from T=0° to 360° by step of 5°. The default background used in the spreadsheet (dark theme) is #191919h. I tried a pure black background #000000h on which I drew white separator lines.

[Image: show.php?id=120577]
[Image: show.php?id=120576]

From left to right transparency increases from 0% to 80%. From top to bottom desaturation increases from pure color to almost gray.
I placed a wait (0) command so that at every click the pure color changes by 5 °.

At any time if you want to know the RGB code of a color, you have to interrupt the FOR loop by clicking on the ON key. A press on "Num" displays the RGB codes in the corresponding cells.

[Image: show.php?id=120578]

Just launch the "pavage" function available in the app attached ...

It's very basic ... Nothing optimized... If you want to continue reading the colors you must relaunch the function "pavage" and then resume from the beginning ...

In conclusion :
When scrolling through the color panels while holding the calculator slightly tilted it is clear that some choices in different color ranges offer better contrast retention. But as everyone knows "the tastes and colors ..."...

Have a nice day.

Attached File(s)
.zip  COLOR_MAP.hpappdir.zip (Size: 2.71 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aesthetic coherence in new 3D-App [Beta public FW12969] - dg1969 - 11-23-2017 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)