Beta HP Connectivity Kit v3
12-24-2017, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 08:41 AM by lschroeder1947.)
RE: Beta HP Connectivity Kit v3
(12-23-2017 03:03 PM)lschroeder1947 Wrote:  Problems with Define and HP connectivity kit.

See post using Define.

... Is there a problem with using nested functions in Define?
Alternate approach

See part of my post using cas variables for finance operations.

Attach 4 shows CAS variable pivmat from Con Kit and Define Variables linept1pt2 and lineptm, the later 2 created using Define post's technique.

I used notepad++ with prime plug-in to first type the CAS variable pivmat. Shown next. You could use any text editor. Then I use system copy and paste to enter it into the Windows HP Prime Pro app.

pivmat(m,r,c):=
BEGIN
return pivot(SCALE(m,(1/m(r,c)),r),r,c);
END;

I am doing this in immediate mode using CAS view, so that it will work in the Free/Lite version. Notice in attach 3 it does not appear in the Pro's Program Catalog. I have also found it necessary in the Window's 10 Pro version to include BEGIN, return, and END. If BEGIN, return, and END are not included the Con Kit crashes at "CAS Vars". Free on Window's sometimes crashes without BEGIN, return, and END being used for its CAS variables.

Attach 1 show the result of pivmat being pasted into CAS view, followed by its use. Attach 2 shows it also works from HOME view.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beta HP Connectivity Kit v3 - pier4r - 12-27-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: Beta HP Connectivity Kit v3 - lschroeder1947 - 12-24-2017 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)