HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX
12-30-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX
Quote:Some other thoughts:

You specifically mention that it works when plugged into Port-3.

a. Does it also work in other Ports?

Yes, it also works in Port 1 and 2.

Quote:b. Is the 3 also seen in the CAT 2 Module names a result of being in Port-3 or just a coincidence?

This seems to be a coincidence, as CAT 2 shows the same names when it is plugged into port 1 or 2.

Quote:c. Is it possible one or more of the .ROM image files (or single .MOD file) are damaged?

It is the actual module, so it could be damaged. But why would it work in a real CX and not in a CL?

Quote:4. When you say it works in a real 41CX, do you have the original module, or do you have them loaded in a NoVRAM module? If real module is available, maybe try creating new images?

It is the real module that I am testing, not images. So, the real, physical module plugged into a real, physical 41 CX works (from port 1, 2, and 3). However, when I plug the real, physical module into a real, physical 41 CL, it does not work, independent of the page that YFNX or YFNZ is plugged in (7, 8, none).

I might try copying it via NoVram and Geir's module or some other way over to the 41CL page by page to see if there is a particular page causing the havoc. Or if the havoc disappears when it is in the NoVram, which would provide further indication that there is some op-code trickery going on, potentially as a way to prevent copying the module. I need to dig out the NoV manuals to see how I can copy something onto the NoV when plugged into the calculator that stays even when the NoV is unplugged, I thought that this was not possible. May I never cease to learn new things!

And all the neat tools packaged into the PWRX and the OSX3 require Lib4 (as well as YFNX), yet I dont have access to a windows machine to burn my Nov64 with it (here comes the Yak again...).

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX - PeterP - 12-30-2017 05:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)