[Survey] HP users around the world
01-13-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: [Survey] HP users around the world
(01-13-2018 08:21 PM)pier4r Wrote:  I suppose this is due to latin. Latin was imposed/embraced and then from there the different dialects diverged, but for long hundreds of years they were influenced by the same language.

Germanic languages had multiple tribes/kingdoms that never fully mastered the others for long time. Aside from English recently that become the new lingua franca (was was latin before with some sprinkles of french, spanish and German according to the case).

yes, I agree, correct analysis by you. However during and after the "Sacro Romano Impero" (SRI) the German language (spoken by the Franchi and other peoples) had an huge influx in the vocabulary (and in lesser way in their Latin structure) of Italian, Provençal, French and Italian dialects (i.e in Siciliano, that's a mix of Latin and Italian, Greek, Arabic, French, Catalan and Spanish, and for about 5-6% also with Germanic vocabulary, left by Normans, for example; a truly " linguistic melting pot"...
However, Italian is more similar to Catalan and Spanish, a bit less to French, Provençal and Portuguese and lesser to Romanian, but this one is particular, due the shorter presence of Romans there)...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Survey] HP users around the world - salvomic - 01-13-2018 08:53 PM
Alan Striegel - striegel - 01-28-2018, 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)