Expand native application
01-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Expand native application
Hello, how could an application be expanded, for example, I would like to expand or modify the linear solver application to be able to solve 5x5 or 6x6 systems and the HP Prime only solves a maximum of 3x3. Can a program be added to a copy of the application in order to do this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Expand native application
I would say just write your own. The prime can easily solve the 5x5 or 6x6 matrix. The hard part will be coding the interface, which you would have to do whether you write your own or pile on to the App.
01-25-2018, 03:30 AM
You can use the RREF function to solve ANY size system of linear equations. Example (stolen from a random website):

Solve this 4×4 system:

4w+ x+2y-3z=-16
-3w+3x- y+4z= 20
-w+2x+5y+ z= -4
5w+4x+3y- z=-10

Just do this on your Prime:

[Image: rref.png]

Notice that the input matrix is simply the original problem with the variables and equal signs omitted (this is sometimes called an "augmented matrix" in the textbooks). (Always be sure that the variables are in the same order in each equation, and if any are missing, use 0 as their coefficient). The rightmost column of the output matrix is the answer you seek:

w = -1
x = 1
y = -2
z = 3

The mystical name of the magical RREF function means "Reduced-Row Echelon Form" which they used to teach us how to do by hand (what tedium!), but RREF does it all in one step for you.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2018, 04:09 AM
Thank you for your answers. What I specifically want to say is whether it is possible to modify or expand a Prime's Native Application, such as the linear solver; the manual says that all applications can be combined with others, and when an application is chosen in the program menu, an empty program corresponding to the chosen application appears first. In this program you can write code that extends the Linear Solver application for example, instead of those boxes, there are more boxes in the form to enter a 6x6 system?
01-25-2018, 04:30 AM
Yes, you can overwrite existing views, or add new views in. However, you can not direct change existing behavior like adding in menu buttons on the current one, or modifying the existing screen.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-25-2018, 04:40 AM
Mmmmmm ... Thanks for the reply, but let's see if I understood correctly. What do you mean, yes, you can overwrite the views or add new ones, that is, in the case of the Linear Solver application, what could be done? As what things could be added, but you say that the interface can not be changed, that is, can not add other fields to enter more data? But what could overwrite or add, maybe you could tell me an example of something that can be added, I do not know, what can be done through the application program? And another question Tim, with the commands of the Prime I can make a form or interface of the same type that the Linear Solver or Triangular Solution application has?
01-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Hello,
you could try this very simple program:

Code:

EXPORT 
  BEGIN
    EDITMAT(M1)
    RETURN RREF(M1); //as suggested by JKH
  END

Please pay attention that EDITMAT will update M1; pay attention to the data eventually contained into M1.

It doesn't have all the bells and wistles of an APP but it should work,

bye

Giancarlo
01-26-2018, 12:37 AM
(01-25-2018 04:40 AM)math7 Wrote:  Mmmmmm ... Thanks for the reply, but let's see if I understood correctly. What do you mean, yes, you can overwrite the views or add new ones, that is, in the case of the Linear Solver application, what could be done? As what things could be added, but you say that the interface can not be changed, that is, can not add other fields to enter more data? But what could overwrite or add, maybe you could tell me an example of something that can be added, I do not know, what can be done through the application program? And another question Tim, with the commands of the Prime I can make a form or interface of the same type that the Linear Solver or Triangular Solution application has?

It means that you can put other views, overwrite them, but not edit existing ones, you can put an INPUT in replacement or a completely different interface, such as this App.

It is not possible to try to modify the built-in interface, you should think about creating a new one with INPUT or similar commands, the calculation process should also be rewritten since you may not be able to use the integrated ones.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2018, 05:23 AM
What a good application Carlos! Yes I see, it's a pity that you can not rewrite an existing application, maybe if HP had released the operating system code for the community to create applications even more robust and even in machine language, but it is quite what can still be done with your programming language I think that this INPUT command has to be studied quite well, because it has many options and can be linked, I will try to study your application and others to learn programming techniques ...
01-26-2018, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 08:12 PM by Rudi.)
I solved this Problem as follows:

I started with restart().
With lname() I get the variables names.
With solve I can it solved.

Best regards Rudi
01-26-2018, 09:35 PM
is another interesting way to solve the systems by means of the commands directly, although I would like to make an application similar to Linear Solver but for larger 3x3 systems, but your contribution is interesting.
01-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Sorry for my bad English.

I simply divide the vector that is at level 2 by the matrix that is at level 1 and get the answer vector.
I used this method with my old HP28S.

Best Regards
Ernesto

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)