Support Multitasking in iOS 11
02-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Support Multitasking in iOS 11
One of the new features introduced in iOS 11 is the ability to work in two apps that share the iPad screen. You can see multitasking demonstrated in a video here.
I tried to share the HP Prime app with the iBooks app so that the calculator is right alongside the User Guide while I am learning or using it for reference. (Obviously, this ability would be useful whenever you are working in a book or article that requires any computation with the HP Prime.) The feature works in the landscape orientation. With iBooks already active, I tried bringing the HP Prime from the dock to the right side. It failed in two ways: it already switched to landscape and it displaced iBooks as the active app.
I simply switch back and for between my book and calculator now but I have to remember everything from the other app because I can’t see both simultaneously. I know that I can manage iBooks and HP Prime windows easily on macOS to do what I want but I travel a lot for work and usually bring only my iPad with me.
Thanks for considering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)