Virtual Prime handy shortcut keys
02-02-2018, 12:21 AM
Virtual Prime handy shortcut keys
Is there a list of handy shortcut keys for the Virtual Prime? I've figured out that:
  • CMD (on mac) engages the SHIFT key - though only for a split second
  • TAB engages the alpha key
I can't figure out what the shortcut key is for depressing the On button. I need to show the terminal output window with the usual combination of (holding On + t) but cannot do that in the virtual prime because I can't click and hold the 'On' button with a mouse and also click the '/' key ("t") at the same time. Thus I need a shortcut for the 'On' button.

I've also found that using the Mac's CMD key to engage SHIFT key doesn't work the same as entering the SHIFT state by clicking SHIFT with the mouse. The CMD keyboard shortcut only activates for a split second and is only useful for CMD and then mouse click on something like "1" to view programs. You cannot for example CMD 1 to get into programs solely by using the keyboard, which is disappointing. The Free42 emulator on the other hand has a wonderful implementation of shortcuts. Am I missing some secret doco or techniques for the Virtual Prime? - I cannot seem to find anything in the Prime or Connectivity kit manuals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2018, 06:15 AM
RE: Virtual Prime handy shortcut keys
Hello,

ON = ESC from memory...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
02-02-2018, 06:25 AM
(02-02-2018 06:15 AM)cyrille de brĂ©bisson Wrote:  ON = ESC from memory...

That doesn't seem to work. Mac/PC keyboard ESC triggers HP Prime's ESC (and rightly so).
02-02-2018, 05:07 PM
There is no way to do the two key combo on the emus at the moment.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)