What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
02-09-2018, 05:23 AM
RE: What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
(02-08-2018 07:01 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 05:36 AM)math7 Wrote:  Thanks, I'll try with that, I'm not sure how to do it but I'm going to investigate in the router configuration

Are you sure that you have installed the "HP Prime Pro"?. It may have occured that inadvertantly you have the "HP Prime" which is the free version.

Check if the app is named "HP Prime Pro". If not, then go to the app store and search for "HP Prime Pro" there you should see a green mark indicating you have bought it.

Günter

Yes it is correct .... I already updated the version of Prime Pro yesterday, although I had already bought it for more than a year and the purchase mark came out on the playstore, but even so it says HP Prime Pro does not connect. .. I opened the router configuration and I do not see anything blocking ... I'm going to put some screenshots to see if anyone notices something strange .... Thanks for the help in advance ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2018, 02:41 PM
(02-04-2018 08:08 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  Start your Connectivity Kit program.
Plug in your Prime Calculator to your USB port.
In your Connectivity Kit select Preferences.
In the Preference Window, the first block should have the path to your Connectivity Kit Folder.
In the second block check Enable Network and enter your Network Name in the box.
Start your HP Prime PRO app and tap in the top right corner of the screen where the battery status is showing.
The Wifi symbol should be active in blue if you have succeeded in connecting.
Your Prime Pro will also download its programs to the Connectivity Kit along with your Prime Calculator. From there you can drag and drop your programs from one calculator to other or even to a second Prime Calculator or the Virtual Calculator.
If you open the Blue Folder in the Connectivity kit screen called Content, you can also save all your programs in that Folder, which is located in the Connectivity Kit Folder.

The Prime app does not have Wifi. The Prime Pro does.

BM

I am not having any success in connecting the HP Pro App. I can't even get my regular calculator to connect.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2018, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 02:51 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
I am also curious why the HP Prime Pro is not showing up on the File Sharing section of iTunes (see screenshot attached to this post). I'd figure we'd be able to transfer files through iTunes using that route.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2018, 02:20 AM
(02-10-2018 02:41 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 08:08 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  Start your Connectivity Kit program.
In the Preference Window, the first block should have the path to your Connectivity Kit Folder.
In the second block check Enable Network and enter your Network Name in the box.
Start your HP Prime PRO app and tap in the top right corner of the screen where the battery status is showing.
Your Prime Pro will also download its programs to the Connectivity Kit along with your Prime Calculator. From there you can drag and drop your programs from one calculator to other or even to a second Prime Calculator or the Virtual Calculator.
If you open the Blue Folder in the Connectivity kit screen called Content, you can also save all your programs in that Folder, which is located in the Connectivity Kit Folder.

BM

I am not having any success in connecting the HP Pro App. I can't even get my regular calculator to connect.

Probably because HP Prime Pro in iTunes doesn't show as an application (APPS). Which ver. of iTunes are you using? Mine is 12.7.1.14. I didn't update to the latest iTune because Apple removed the third party applications from showing up.

Cheers
03-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Vote of thanks for instructions that I couldn't find anywhere else!

Just needed to open Windows firewall for public network connections to the Connectivity Kit and my IOS Prime Pro Apps connected on WiFi without a hitch.

Now just need a Mac virtual calculator ...

Thanks again

Simon

Still love my 28C, but have to admit the Prime is a step up.

BM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)