Found a poss reason why HP Connectivity kit sometimes wont talk to a Android Prime
02-27-2018, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2018 04:25 AM by c0manche.)
Found a poss reason why HP Connectivity kit sometimes wont talk to a Android Prime
A bit of background.
I have found that Connectivity between HP Connectivity Kit and HP Prime Pro Android app can be flaky at time. Sometimes I found if I start the Connectivity Kit immediately on boot up and login it would work. I noticed if I was using a vpn (its a 2nd network adaptor in windows) the connection would not work.
This made me think is the hp connectivity app choking on systems that have more than 1 active network adaptor.
My laptop also has Vmware Workstation installed (this creates at least 2 extra network adaptors with private ip addresses assigned to them). So when I found the connectivity between android Prime and windows con kit was not working. I disabled the 2 vmware network adaptor in windows and restarted the kit and miraculously the HP Con Kit was available in Android.

It appears that the HP Connectivity Kit doesn't handle multiple active network adaptors on the same machine gracefully at times and when its not showing up I have to disable the 2 extra network adaptors temporally to get it running.

NB:
I HATE WINDOWS it is always finding ways to bite you in the bottom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2018, 05:35 AM
RE: Found a poss reason why HP Connectivity kit sometimes wont talk to a Android Prime
We did test it to be using the primary/active connection, but if things are switching I've no clue what might happen. Still, that is a good guess and investigation. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-27-2018, 05:47 AM
RE: Found a poss reason why HP Connectivity kit sometimes wont talk to a Android Prime
Hello,

The con kit is "supposed" to broadcast and listen to all the network adaptors on the system.

Now, the con kit is using "original" style berkeley socket programing (because it is supposed to be the same on all systems!). However, the more time passes the more we discover that each OS seems to have it's own interpretation of the "standard" :-(

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)