Help with an App and a new HP Prime
04-11-2018, 05:44 AM
Help with an App and a new HP Prime
Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum and also to HP calculators, I'm an engineering student and I just bought my new HP Prime like a month ago and I have been enjoying it a lot.

But I have a Problem which is kind of big for me ...

So basically in my Thermodynamics class we use an app to calculate Steam tables and other values, it's a simple App you just input some of the steam table data and it completes the rest of the table.

But in my calculator and some other new ones too the app won't show results, once you type in everything and hit results it won't show anything but a blank screen, everything but that seems to work fine (graphs and interpolation).

Does anyone have a general idea why this maybe happening and how I can fix it??
Maybe it's something in the code or with the firmware of the calculator?
I have a test on Thursday and I need to fix that

I would really appreciate any kind of advise!! Cheers!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: Help with an App and a new HP Prime
Start by showing us the program in question. Without that we can only speculate.
04-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Do you have the latest firmware? Update if not.
04-11-2018, 02:02 PM
If that simple app doesn't work perhaps this program will belp (but take into account answers could be different from your app and it might not be usable in a test).
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-489...team+table

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2018, 02:06 PM
(04-11-2018 07:35 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Start by showing us the program in question. Without that we can only speculate.

I'm attaching the code from the program here because I don't know how to extract the full app fro the calculator, if I need to how do I do that?

Thanks man Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  steam.txt (Size: 119.29 KB / Downloads: 55)
04-11-2018, 02:07 PM
(04-11-2018 09:27 AM)DrD Wrote:  Do you have the latest firmware? Update if not.

Yes I do, and I think that might be the problem...
04-11-2018, 02:08 PM
(04-11-2018 02:02 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  If that simple app doesn't work perhaps this program will belp (but take into account answers could be different from your app and it might not be usable in a test).
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-489...team+table

yes I've seen it but like I said I'm new to the Prime so I don't know how to build an app specifically for the HP Prime :/
07-05-2018, 01:39 AM
Just for the sake of interest, could someone more experienced than I solve this problem by first reducing the several number of For ...To ... Loops from 34 to say 2, using the CK editor, download and recompile the program in the Prime virtual or real calculator and run Debug from there. I did that and found it rather interesting. At some point it did show the Blank white screen but with the hour glass in the top right corner until the (WAIT -1) expired.

BM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)