USB powered "fake" battery pack adapter?
04-19-2018, 10:09 AM
RE: USB powered "fake" battery pack adapter?
Indeed I use, on 50g, 9860g, 9860gII the usb as main power and the batteries as backup if ship happens.

Also brickviking, may I ask you to share the procedure (only a description is ok) of your grocery data collection? Maybe in the general forum. It could be interesting.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2018, 10:46 AM
(04-19-2018 08:12 AM)brickviking Wrote:  At least in my case, I'm able to run my fx-9750gII calculator with the USB cable connected, while I change batteries. I don't think that's unusual, I suspect the fx-9860gII can as well. Of course it's better to run with batteries, as the USB simply won't charge batteries, which perhaps is the important point of this statement.

Don't know about the fx-9750GII (doesn't that have a coin cell for memory backup?) but the fx-9860GII saves everything to flash anyway. Pull out the batteries, leave the machine for a week and stick them back in, everything is still there. I found that out by surprise after I'd stored my 9860GII (with no batteries in, of course) and went back to it some time later only to find eveything in it intact.
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2018, 07:35 AM
(04-19-2018 10:46 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 08:12 AM)brickviking Wrote:  At least in my case, I'm able to run my fx-9750gII calculator with the USB cable connected, while I change batteries. ...

... (doesn't the fx-9750GII have a coin cell for memory backup?) ...

My gII doesn't, although my g+ does. That surprised me when I received the gII, as I was expecting it to also have a coin cell backup.

I did strike lucky getting a unit that has flash memory, which allowed a 9860gII OS upgrade to work properly. According to the manual, the 9750gII doesn't support backup of data to flash, but the 9860 OS upgrade makes that function work. The only 9860 function that doesn't work is the backlight, because the physical hardware isn't on the board.

(Post 202)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)