39gs why so cheap
08-07-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: 39gs why so cheap
For those who install NewRPL. How do you deal with the different keyboard assignment? I also got mine but am not sure if it is worth NewRPLing It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2022, 01:51 AM
(05-11-2018 10:43 AM)Zaphod Wrote:  Mine has just arrived (ordered from an Aliexpress seller for £13 delivered)

It's new, it's never been serial numbered, comes with a hard slide oon cover and a USB cable in a plain brown box, very well packed.

[Image: DSC04929.jpg]

[Image: DSC04928.jpg]

[Image: DSC04927.jpg]

It's genuine (diverted off the production line of the factory before it gets HP retail packed I'm guessing)
When it boots it comes up with that momentary graphic image saying powered by wotsit Kernel - I've never been able to read that message when it comes up on my hp50's either
It self tests like a normal HP , it is a HP.

Min looks exactly like that, but has a foil serial number starting "CNA 80400[...]" (I omitted the last three digits
No docs, no cable.

The connectivity kit doesn't detect it when connected via USBminiB-USBA cable (the one from my old GPS... I know it works.) Am on Win 11, tho'...

I want to add the RPN.
04-09-2022, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2022 11:03 AM by ijabbott.)
Does the tutorial here for installing the connectivity kit on Windows 10 also apply to Windows 11?

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8732

(I do not have any machines running Windows 11.)

— Ian Abbott
04-14-2022, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2022 12:37 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
I kinda wish this calculator could be emulated and not by just using a 39g ROM. I'm making a Frenchcore or Happy hardcore techno song in HP BASIC and it sounds way different on Emu48 using a 39g ROM than on my real 39gs (most likely due to Saturn emulation being faster than the original 39g?).

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2022, 03:34 AM
(04-09-2022 11:03 AM)ijabbott Wrote:  Does the tutorial here for installing the connectivity kit on Windows 10 also apply to Windows 11?

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8732

(I do not have any machines running Windows 11.)

The software installed... but I don't have the specific HP port cable, and don''t know if the software can use the 39's USB port.
02-28-2024, 07:07 PM
Encouraged by this thread I looked for a cheap 39GS.

My purchase on Aliexpress was cancelled and refunded by seller - seems they are out of stock, the lot was just to lure shoppers... Wasted a week.

Then I searched eBay for a long time - the prices were high, and only few offers were there. Seems eBay hid juicy results from me, because returning to eBay after few attempts revealed some nice offerings.

Like 20$ for sealed in original package (with USB cable / CD and thick manual!!). I read comments and some told they bought many copies because now it is a rare bird. I did the same - 3x for me & kids ))

Included 4 alkaline batteries are covered with salt, which is soling, not fluid, so no damage for package content. CR2032 is alive (3.23V).

I also searched for CAS version, the lowest price I found was 34.95$ for 40GS, in ideal condition, no scratches, cover + batteries. Some cheaper options were with visible visual defects.

Delivered to Ukraine in 3 weeks (1 week was inside USA) via a reshipper agency.

Have a chance to enjoy calc as in childhood with Soviet MK-61.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)