Update of Emu42 to v1.18
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Update of Emu42 to v1.18
Emu42 v1.18 is available at http://hp.giesselink.com.

This is a maintenance update. A complete list of bugfixes and changes is available here.

Christoph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Update of Emu42 to v1.18
Thanks for all these continuous updates!

J-F
04-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks, these emulators are very useful.

One question though, is it necessary for them to now write to the registry? I like to have my virtual HP calculators on a USB flash drive so that I can just plug it into whatever computer I have to use and start-up an emulator straight away.

Nick
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 06:46 PM
(04-10-2014 12:33 PM)Nick_S Wrote:  One question though, is it necessary for them to now write to the registry? I like to have my virtual HP calculators on a USB flash drive so that I can just plug it into whatever computer I have to use and start-up an emulator straight away.

The programms use full qualified path names in many aspects of file handling, but an USB stick not always get the same drive letter, so this isn't an easy task. 2nd, I have enough to do to get all these emulators alive. I will not waste my time with developing and publishing special Portable Versions. The program sources of the emulators are Open Source, so everyone can pick and modify them under the terms of the GPL2 or a later version.

Christoph
04-11-2014, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 12:29 PM by Nick_S.)
Fortunately, I find no problems moving v1.13 of Emu42 around my various computers on a USB flash drive.

A similar development situation has arisen with the Tinn-R editor for the R language which is no longer portable as it now writes to the registry. In that case the authors have simply indicated which is the last version which can be used portably (version 1.17.1.7), where this is needed, and provided an additional download link to that version.

Nick
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Just another big thanks from this part of the world :-)

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)