Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved)
04-28-2018, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2018 04:00 PM by Geoff.)
Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved)
I got my Prime about a month ago, and have been having great fun learning to program it. It's quite a switch from my 48SX. I can't tell you how much I've also learned by reading these forums. However I'm now having a problem that I can't find on the forum.

For the first couple of weeks I could open the emulator and it would also appear in the connectivity kit. This was great as the emulator runs much faster, so I could test my program more quickly. The hardware Prime continues to work with the connectivity kit perfectly.

Then a couple of weeks ago this suddenly stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the connectivity kit and the emulator. I checked that both are version 1.40.13441.0, which is the most current I can find. I guess I should also mention I'm running Windows 10 64-bit.

Any thoughts on how I can get the emulator talking to the connectivity kit again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit
Try fiddling with the Prime emulator clock/wifi connection menu - see point #2 in my recent wishlist post.
04-29-2018, 12:32 AM
(04-28-2018 10:57 PM)tcab Wrote:  Try fiddling with the Prime emulator clock/wifi connection menu - see point #2 in my recent wishlist post.

Tried what you suggest in point 2, but it's not working for me after numerous attempts. Windows vs. Mac difference? I only see "No networks available" on page 4 of the Home Settings, on both the emulator and my Prime.

Geoff
05-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Also ensure you are connected to wifi. When I was on holiday and offline recently, my Prime to Connectivity Kit connection wasn't working on my laptop. Then I connected my laptop to my iPhone hotspot to check my email etc, and immediately the Prime emulator appeared in the HP Connectivity Kit panel.

Its a long shot, since everybody is on the internet most times, but I thought I'd mention it.
05-06-2018, 03:58 PM
(05-03-2018 09:40 AM)tcab Wrote:  Also ensure you are connected to wifi. When I was on holiday and offline recently, my Prime to Connectivity Kit connection wasn't working on my laptop. Then I connected my laptop to my iPhone hotspot to check my email etc, and immediately the Prime emulator appeared in the HP Connectivity Kit panel.

Its a long shot, since everybody is on the internet most times, but I thought I'd mention it.

Since no one else is jumping in I assume my problem is something unique that I've messed up, and can hopefully fix.

My computer is a desktop, and thus permanently cabled to my router. Wi-Fi is on, but only to transfer stuff to my tablet and phone.

I checked the emulator and "IP Networking" was turned on in Preferences. This got me thinking, so I checked the Connectivity Kit and IP Networking was not turned on. Change that and the emulator reappeared.

Don't remember altering that setting, but I do have a bad habit of fiddling too much. Just glad to have the connection back. Posting my solution here so it's available for others.

Thanks tcab for your help and ideas!!

Geoff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)