Randy S (Fix That Calc) is Alive!!!?????
04-30-2018, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2018 09:31 PM by Namir.)
Randy S (Fix That Calc) is Alive!!!?????
I fell of my chair today when I received my two HP-15C LE calculators that I had sent to Randy (Fix That Calc) many years ago!!!! At this point it does not matter if her fixed or not. I am happy they are back!! There was no note with the calculators. They came well wrapped with bubble wrap.

I told my wife that I thought Randy had passed away. I hope he is still alive and doing well.

Anyone else received calculators they sent to Fix That Calc???

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: Randy S (Fix That Calc) is Alive!!!?????
Hi Namir. I recently exchanged emails with Randy. He is certainly alive and has had some issues he's had to deal with, so it's caused him to put Fix-That-Calc on hold. But if you go to his website, the FTC site is still up and running, but put on pause. I don't believe he's taking any new business at this time. Fixing HP calculators can be a "trying" experience! And finding donor parts or finding vintage HP calculators at reasonable prices is nearly a thing of the past. It's good to hear you're reunited with your HP-15C LE's.
Jim J.
05-01-2018, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2018 02:58 PM by Namir.)
He did not fix them, and that just fine with me. If he did, he would have needed new credit card numbers from me, because it's been years since I mailed him the two calculators. There is an Arabic saying, "Show man death and he will accept fever!" I am glad to be reunited with my two little darlings.

I am happy to hear he is alive. Many of us,myself included, struggle with one o rmore health issues. While I feel that my mind is 30 years old, my body feels like is 130 years old!! Would it be beneath its dignity if my body felt an age that is a prime number???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Namir
05-02-2018, 06:36 AM
(05-01-2018 07:58 PM)Namir Wrote:  He did not fix them, and that just fine with me.
Namir
What was wrong with them calcs anyway? I haven't heard about any hardware issues with the exception of keyboard contamination, which turned out to be very easy to fix (if I could do it, must be very easy Wink

Cheers,
05-02-2018, 02:58 PM
(05-02-2018 06:36 AM)RMollov Wrote:  
(05-01-2018 07:58 PM)Namir Wrote:  He did not fix them, and that just fine with me.
Namir
What was wrong with them calcs anyway? I haven't heard about any hardware issues with the exception of keyboard contamination, which turned out to be very easy to fix (if I could do it, must be very easy Wink

Cheers,

Yes, each of the two clculator had one key that needed extra pressing.
05-02-2018, 05:19 PM
That's very good news!

Long live to Randy!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)