Constant Keyboard Repeat Rate
07-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Constant Keyboard Repeat Rate
I understand that most people use external text editors on the PC to edit their Prime programs.

Nevertheless one should be able to work comfortable on the Prime itself at least to change and correct programs. We have the program editor for this purpose.

What I find annoying is the seemingly constant key repeat rate in this program editor. When I use one of the arrow keys to move the cursor over a longer line I would expect some acceleration when I press and hold a cursor key. The repeat rate seems to be constant which gives a sluggish impression.

It would be nice if some acceleration could be implemented e.g. starting after 5 repeats and reducing the interval down to maybe 1/4 of the initial rate within the next 5-10 repeats or so. Different users might prefer different acceleration rates. This is most annoying in the horizontal direction, the vertical direction is not so cumbersome because the jumps from line to line are larger. But even there a maybe more limited speedup could be useful.

Or did I miss something in the configuration parameters?

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2018, 03:39 AM
RE: Constant Keyboard Repeat Rate
You haven't missed it. You are correct.

There is a plan to unify the system key handling to ensure that key repeats and similar behave the same across the system. For example, right now it does behave that way in the plotter, but not in the editor as you point out. I can't speculate on timetable.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)